Going by the current state of the sporting industry, a lot of sports have currently had an increase in popularity. This popularity can be attributed to the fact that individuals are now picking up these sports at a young age and such is the case for the Junior Golf industry. Even the equipment developed by a lot of the sporting companies are now being designed and geared towards the younger generation. Therefore, it is safe to say that there is a large market for junior golfers in the foreseeable future and it pays to start early.
If your child has shown an increasing interest in the sport of golf or you see it as a means to bond with them, the first thing that should be encouraged us fun. Regardless of future aspirations surrounding the sport, it is just a game and a means to connect with the child and nothing else. Owing to the fact that children when between the ages of 1-8 tend to have a short attention span, this might not be something they want to pursue in future but the memories gotten should be one of fondness and not loathing.
The following are tips on how to teach your child how to play golf:
- The first thing about the sport of golf that needs to be taught is the principles. Teaching your child to play golf will also allow you to form a bond, as opposed to hiring a trainer. Although hiring a trainer later on to fines their swings is a good idea. This is more important than getting them conversant with the different types of golf clubs and balls. The underlying principle paves the way for making decisions on how to play the game.
- The next thing will be to find the right place to play. It is advisable to choose a golf course that tends to the need of golfers so as to make it a learning curve experience going from the kiddies golf course to the adult golf course.
- The issue of when to play is always tricky. As adults, it is only rational to assume that we have other obligations asides teaching the child how to play golf. For convenience and practicality sake, the best time would be during the evenings where you have a free reign over the golf course.
- Let the child learn the concept of the game by allowing them to call the shots. This tends to give them the freedom to explore their own style of play. Do not try to teach them how to swing or get a put too soon as it takes away from the learning.
- Choosing the golfing equipment is also important as a child who is not comfortable with his or her equipment cannot gain a fun experience from the game.
- Actions speak louder than words and the best way to get a child to learn is to show them. Every technique or method being taught to the child should be accompanied by the relative action so as to create better understanding.
- When a child makes a mistake, correct them mildly and encourage them to do the right thing. Reward them for successes too.
When talking about real estate, the market has experienced a lot of ups and downs with housing and landing prices being up one second and plummeting another second. This is as a result of the market being susceptible to the changes in various aspects of the economy. Such an instance is obvious when it comes to structures and locations surrounding the real estate in question.
Although there have not been a lot of studies in the effect of golf course location on the property market, there have been indications that building properties close to a golf course adds about 7 to 8 percent of value to the property. On the other hand, it has also been discovered that building a private golf course on an island does not have a say on the price of the surrounding real estate so therefore the theory can only be refrained to more commercial locations.
The Real Estate Theory
If the theory is being adhered to for commercial locations, then a place like California that boasts of a lot of tourist attractions and golf courses is a place in which the theory can be tested. It should be considered highly likely that the golf courses in California adds significant value to the surrounding real estate but it is also possible that the view and overall planning of the area might detract from any benefit going to any real estate positioned close to a golf course.
Going as far back as 1988, the United States has had over 600,000 buildings committed to golf course communities. In the Santa Cruz and Los Angeles area of California alone there are more than 120 golf courses with several others undergoing development plans consisting of building lots and fairways, developers may find that there are other things apart from golf course location that have a more positive effect on lot values, and therefore may find it more profitable to protect and enhance natural areas.
Luxurious Neighborhoods & Golf Courses
Regardless of the constant closure and repurposing of the golf courses, there is no doubt that golf courses positively impact the real estate around them. A recent survey done by the National Association of Realtors showed that apart from public parks and recreational spaces, the 170,000 home sales within the 1,700 feet of golf courses like those found in The Los Angeles Country Club, The Bel-Air Country Club and Rancho Santa Fe boosted home values by $8,000. This result is only secondary to natural landmarks. Thus, you see a rising in price of the surrounding neighborhoods, thus Brentwood real estate agents often highly the proximity of Brentwood to the Bel-Air Country Club.
Owing to the fact that California is a prime location and has a lot of landmarks and is where the popular entertainment Hollywood industry can be found, unless further in-depth investigations can be carried out as to how definitive the presence of a golf course affects real estate prices then it alone cannot be awarded as the cause. In some cases, a golf course can also reduce the going price of real estate as a result of certain factors like too much congestion as a result of the comings and goings of the individuals in the golf course.